|Also Known As||The Devil, Dark Astaroth, Asutaroto, Gondiaz, Morock|
|From||Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Namco × Capcom, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins (as Dark Astaroth)|
|Type of Character||Bosses|
Powers and abilitiesEdit
As a demon lord that apparently lived for thousands of years, Astaroth is well versed in the magical arts. Astaroth has a secondary face on his abdomen, and he can attack from both mouths through a stream of fire. He can either hail his enemies with small, deadly fireballs, scorch them with long fire lashes, or pierce them with his white-hot laser beam from his top mouth. In Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, he uses magic to fly as well.
Astaroth is also an expert deceiver. His illusions and mirages range from an identical clone of himself (both being the real one), to entire areas working as traps (like the infamous illusionary battle against him in the first game, although it was devised by Satan). As a demon, he can survive what seems like certain death for humans, being able to revive unless he is completely extinguished.
- Astaroth is the fourth boss from Adventure Quiz: Capcom World.
- If Akuma or Demitri defeat Red Arremer in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, they challenge Astaroth in their endings.
- In Namco × Capcom, Astaroth was defeated by Arthur several years before the events of the game, but he revived and makes an alliance with the demon Druaga (although they were actually using each other) to take over the Demon World. At first, Astaroth seems a bit off from his former self, but when defeated by Arthur and his allies in the Demon Realm Village, Nebiroth appears and reveals that Astaroth is simply a marionette under his control, as Astaroth's soul was chopped in half when he was first defeated by Arthur, allowing Nebiroth to have two Astaroths (each with half of the soul) appear to work for him. The two and Nebiroth are defeated, and without them the Demon Village collapses. Astaroth and Nebiroth are revived near the end of the game, and are killed again.
- Astaroth also appears in Project X Zone. His attack is Devil Rage (魔王の怒り), where he punches the target upwards, releases a beam from his upper mouth, and unleashes flames from the lower mouth.
- Astaroth has a cameo appearance in Sōki's ending from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Astaroth appears in the background of the Demon Village stage. He also appears as a card in the Heroes and Heralds mode from Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
- Astaroth appeared in events from the mobile games Otoranger and Zombie Cafe.
- Astaroth's main attire appeared as a crossover costume for M. Bison in Street Fighter V.
- Astaroth appears in the Volume 5 from Hisshō Technique Kan Peki-ban (1986).
- Astaroth makes cameo in manga Warera Hobby's Famicom Seminar (1988).
- Astaroth appears in the Archie Comics crossover Worlds Unite (2015).
|Ghosts 'n Goblins|